Sunday, May 13, 2007

on the Road to Jerusalem and the Holy City Itself



As promised, I offer another slideshow of original photos I took in the summer of 2005. These deal with the road trip to Jerusalem from Ramallah through the Kalandiya checkpoint, one of the hundreds Israel uses throughout the West Bank and into Jerusalem. Kalandiya has taken on a permanent status, with buildings and roads and gates erected there, and it has a generally more organized system to controlling the movement of peoples. In any case, Kalandiya remains an obstacle for most Palestinians. I went through it each time en route to the Holy City, and I never experienced any problem, other than delays.

So here it is, I hope you enjoy this slideshow of the Road to Jerusalem


Here is another presentation of these pictures: a webpage of thumbnails you can select at your leisure.

No comments: